America - Israel Chamber of Commerce Chicago
Promoting Business and Investment Between The U.S. and Israel.
We're here to reinvent ourselves. There are big changes in the environment in which we operate. Due to changes in document requirements under the U.S. - Israel Free Trade Agreement, traditional "formal" export certificate sof origin requiring chamber stamps & signature are obsolete. The Israel Ministry of Economy is downsizing it's presence in North America, so it falls to us, the America - Israel Chamber of Commerce Chicago, and the Israeli Cinsulate to find ways to pick up some of the slack. We think 1871 is an ideal base from which to create a new center of gravity for U.S. - Israel business, one that has built-in soft landing support for Israeli startups looking to establish a presence in this market. Specific actions include:
- Increase and broaden our membership to include more companies in a variety of sectors such as manufacturing, technology, banking and healthcare, to name a few, and in more cities in the Midwest beyond the Chicago Metro area.
- Create a Member Community to foster business relationships, connections and networks among our members. We are currently evaluating platforms for our website that would facilitate this effort.
- Increase member engagement and ne.tworking opportunities with programming that addresses topics of interest in a variety of venues such as roundtables, lunch and learn, workshops and podcasts to make them accessible to those unable to attend. And, we plan on reaching out to members to better understand what programming, topics, locations and timing of events are best suited for them and what are the “hot buttons” that add value to being a member.
- ReLaunch our Buy Israel Goods website
- Expand awareness and exposure of the Chamber through social media, PR efforts and seeking partnership opportunities with organizations such as World Business Chicago, mHUB, FinTank and others. With the 70th anniversary of Israel this year, we will look to participate in the local events and celebration.
- And, build our Young Leadership group with targeted programming, social, networking and professional development opportunities.
We are a 501(c)(6) not-for-profit trade association, founded in 1958, that promotes cross-border, U.S. - Israel business and investment.
Promote Israeli goods and services; Present business networking and educational programs; Lead trade delegations and business match-making events; and Work closely with the Government of Israel to advance bilateral trade.